Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Word for Wednesday

R  


apture: ecstatic joy or delight; joyful ecstasy


As in: The USC Gamecocks and their fans were rapturous after their first-ever College World Series Championship win last night! 

image via here
 
If you live anywhere in South Carolina, especially Columbia, there is no way you haven't heard the good news...the USC baseball team is National Champs.  I am a long-time USC baseball fan--my Dad used to drag me and my sister to every weekend game at Sarge Frye Field from about the time we could walk--and my family still revels in USC baseball season every year and attends close to every home game.  My 2 year old nephew has a favorite player [Bobby Haney], and can name pretty much all the starting line-up--pretty impressive, right?

image via here
 
I know my Dad was a little sad that he wasn't in Omaha last night for this momentous event, but I also know he shares in their rapture over the incredible feat!
*Dad really wanted to head to Omaha this year, but stayed in town for the birth of my sister's baby, Taylor.   I'm pretty sure he would still say it was worth sticking around for :)

Definition via dictionary.com
Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische

No comments:

Post a Comment