Friday, June 4, 2010

Check Out Pinterest

I can't recall now where I first read about the new website called Pinterest, although I'm quite sure it was one of the many inspiring blogs in my blog roll.  Anyway, Pinterest is "a place to curate and share collections of things you love."  So far, the site is so new that you have to request an invitation to use it, but I did, and less than 2 days later got the invitation.  (Believe me, I am in no way special, so anyone can get an invite!)

Once you're a member of the site, they give you super-simple instructions on how to create a "Pin It" button to place on your web browser's toolbar--then, when you're browsing you just click the button to "pin" the item you like to your Style Board.  You can also "follow" others' Pin Boards, and re-pin things you like.

Click here to see my Style Board.  Here's a cool board I follow called San Francisco Spots, curated by sfgirlbybay, who also has a great blog.

It's kind of addictive, and fun to see who shares your love for certain items.  Also a great way to keep track of things that you like and may want to purchase someday in the future, like on payday:

 image via here

...or when you win the lottery:
 image via here

What would you Pin?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, and really glad to hear you like the site. If you have any issues or questions or feedback, just send me a note at paul [at] pinterest [dot] com. We'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete