Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Word for Wednesday

C  


oq au vin: a French braise of chicken cooked with wine, lardons, mushrooms & garlic.


image via here
I chose this cooking-style as today's word because of an opportunity that presented itself to me yesterday: Young Chef's Academy, located in Irmo, SC, is offering adult cooking classes this summer!  There are 4 series scheduled, including Savory Baking, Bon Appetit: Channeling Julia and the Art of French Food, Cake Decorating, and Top Secret Restaurant Recipes.


I am very tempted to take the Art of French Food series, which includes Coq Au Vin.  I think I could channel Julia pretty well...


Call (803-749-0670) or email: irmosc@youngchefsacademy.com to sign up or customize an adult activity to your wishes.  Cost is $75- $100 for each 3-part series.  Tell them Becca sent you.


Also, the only other place I have ever heard the term Coq Au Vin is at my favorite fondue restaurant, The Melting Pot.  The menu describes the coq au vin cooking style as: "Flavors of fresh herbs, mushrooms, garlic, spices and burgundy wine."  Yum.

Happy Wednesday!

Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische.

No comments:

Post a Comment