Here is my list of 31 Things to accomplish in my 31st Year. Some are pretty simple and some are a bit more challenging, but exciting all the same:
- Become more aware of what I eat, where it comes from, and how it affects my health. (Read Eating Animals).
- Run at least 5 races (5K or 8K). (The next one will be the Race for the Place 5K to benefit St. Lawrence Place, February 6th).
- Video tape my grandmother cooking some of her best dishes, (the ones she can’t write down the recipe for since she ‘just throws some things together’).
- Video tape my sister giving birth to her second baby…(no NatGeo shots, just document the event).
- Create something new at least once a month—(sew something, write something, cook something, make something).
- Take a road trip to
. (Been wanting to go back for a couple years and just haven’t gotten around to it; Aunt LeAnn, here we come!) Washington, DC
- Call friends who live out of town; at least one a month.
- Get a pedicure at least every 6 weeks; the money saved by not doing so is not worth the embarrassing-looking toes.
- Volunteer somewhere new. I am thinking of getting a Meals on Wheels delivery route.
- Train my dogs to walk civilly on leashes. And then take them on regular walks.
- Wear sunscreen more vigilantly. (Can’t promise I will not sunbathe, but I’ll at least wear SPF 15 when I do).
- Start a new book club—yay!
- Entertain people at our house at least once a month; whether it be a small dinner party or a party party…it just makes me happy.
- Frequent the
farmer’s markets more often—the State farmer’s market and the All Local one. Columbia
- Read East of Eden; a classic, and one highly recommended recently by a friend.
- Forgive myself and move on for not being able to finish Atlas Shrugged.
- Figure out how to re-design the look of my blog and do it.
Image via here
- Make something using the immersion blender that we registered for and received for a wedding present.
- Organize my recipes.
- Take more pictures.
- Save up for our next big vacation…which will hopefully be somewhere in Central America,
Europe, or back to the West Coast…
- Buy more fresh flowers.Image via here
- Write more.
- Do something spiritual at least once a week.
- Eat more fresh fruit and veggies.
- Plant (and keep up) an amazing spring/summer garden.
- Call my grandmother at least once a week to hang out.
- Learn to knit.
- Patronize local art, theater, restaurants, music, etc as much as possible.(The Nickelodeon, Columbia Museum of Art, Trustus Theater, etc...)
- Forgive myself if I don’t accomplish all of these things this year :)