1. Go to the All-Local Farmer's Market. I know I talk about this often, but just go--you won't be sorry when you're enjoying locally made cheese at your next Book Club gathering, (my Book Club LOVED the cheese), or eating Wil-Moore Farms eggs and Caw Caw Creek meats for breakfast next week. Or cheese bread, boiled peanuts, kettle corn, cookies...all locally made and many organic. The market is open 8-12 Saturday morning and is located at 711 Whaley St.
image via here2. Cellar on Greene is having a FREE wine tasting and sale from 12-2 pm on Saturday. They have some new, inexpensive wines to buy-- "Bitch" Bubbly for only $13, and a Tait "Ball Buster" Shiraz for only $19...hmm. They'll have about 30 bottles open for tasting. (Become a Fan of COG on Facebook and get all their Wine Tasting updates).
3. The Odd Couple is playing at Town Theatre and The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is at Workshop Theatre through the weekend.
4. CWWYX: 10th Anniversary of Winter Exhibition at Gallery 80808, featuring new artwork by Stephen Chesley, Mike Williams, Edward Wimberly, David Yaghjian. Gallery is open Monday-Saturday, 10-5 and Sunday 1-5. See a review of this show here.
5. New York, I Love You is playing at The Nickelodeon all weekend. I will be catching a showing, probably Sunday. Click here to see the trailer.
6. If you're a USC men's basketball fan, (and it's hard not to be after their major upset win over #1 Kentucky this week), then you may want to catch their game against Georgia at 7 pm Saturday at the Colonial Life Arena.
image via here7. 701 Center for Contemporary Art has 2 events this weekend-- Saturday night at 8 pm is the Tiptons Sax Quartet and Drums, and Sunday is the opening of Charlestonian Jocelyn Chateauvert's exhibition Within and Out. She does wonderful things with paper. The Center is open Sundays 1-5 pm; opening reception 3-5 pm.
What are you up to in chilly Columbia this weekend?