Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Better to Taste and Hear With...

image via here

To taste...
Next week, January 11-17, is
Columbia's Annual Restaurant Week! The website says: "
Restaurant Week Columbia will be a seven day celebration of the cuisine scene in the Midlands. From fine dining to casual, participating restaurants will feature special menu items, promotions and discounts."

There are currently 20 participating restaurants, each serving a 3-4 course menu ranging in price from $19-$42 per person. (All are under $30). Restaurants include
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, MoMo's Bistro, and Dianne's on Devine--all restaurants that I have not visited when paying for my own meal ever.*


I am currently on a month-long detox diet, but might have to break it for just one night to take advantage of the deals at one of these restaurants...hmmm, maybe
Cellar on Greene...the Chile Seared Yellowfin Tuna with lime creme-fraiche and sriracha sounds right up my alley.

The Blue French Onion Soup offered on the menu at
Great American Grill at the Hilton Garden Inn sounds pretty amazing too. I know the chef there, Stuart Partin; he's a very nice guy--very charitable and giving.** Go give his restaurant a try, and tell him Becca from St. Lawrence Place sent you!

To hear...
image via here

Those Darlin's at Art Bar this Saturday night, January 9th. Nope, I've never actually seen them play before, but I listened to a few songs on-line...and this article in today's Free Times has convinced me. Described in the article as "s#!t-kicking rockabilly," and with Magnetic Flowers opening for them, I was sold. $5 cover; show starts at 9 pm.

The White Mule is a relatively new Main Street pub and eatery that also has regular, varied, live music. I have been excited to patronize the place for a while now, but think I may actually make it happen in the next week or two... Here's their live music calendar through March 2010.

What else is going on in the music scene?

*Full disclosure--I have eaten at each of these restaurants before, but only when my father was paying.

**Stuart Partin at The American Grill at the Hilton Garden Inn is great about donating gift certificates and sponsoring things for St. Lawrence Place, the non-profit where I work. He's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment