Thursday, December 3, 2009

Soup Swap

via here

What is a Soup Swap?, you may be asking yourself...well let me tell you my dears. It is quite possibly the dorkiest/old-ladiest thing I have ever endeavored to try, but I am so excited! I found the directions for one here a few months ago and decided I had to try it out.

Basically, here's the deal: I have invited a group of gals to my house this Saturday for a good old-fashioned Soup Swap, (not sure if it's old-fashioned at all, but it sounds like it should be, so go with it). Everyone must bring a soup, split into 6 1-quart containers, as well as the recipe for their soup so everyone can see what is in it. Once everyone is assembled, we pull numbers out of a hat to see who gets to "pick soups" first. Then each person in turn picks 6 different quarts of soup to take home and freeze and enjoy all winter long.

I think I will have about 15 people participating in my first-ever soup swap this Saturday--so far the soups that will be brought to the table include broccoli/cheese with rice, potato sausage, tortilla, white chili, taco soup, tomato-basil bisque, corn chowder, and just-plain potato. Yum!

Can't wait to post some pictures and let you all know how it goes. Oh yeah--we'll also partake in some light appetizers, homemade cupcakes, and champagne--a fun party to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment