Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eating My Way Through Charlotte

Here's the run-down of the places I had the privilege of eating this weekend in Charlotte; (there's nothing like going on a trip with your parents--thanks mom and dad for the extra 5 pounds I am now carrying.)

As you may be able to tell from the forthcoming list, my father loves a good steak and he avoids "trendy" restaurants that may serve too-small portions or food that he doesn't recognize.

I looove to eat, so this was more fun than shopping for me.

Frank Manzetti's- this is a restaurant/bar owned by the same company who owns California Dreaming and New York Prime. I had a really rich and creamy 4-cheese penne pasta with chicken. One of their signature dishes is specialty nachos...mmm.

The Palm (twice, actually)- once for lunch, once for dinner. Amazing service, cool atmosphere. They have a new "Business Lunch" called the Mad Men Lunch Special...4 courses and a drink for $20. At lunch I had Ahi Tuna and at dinner I had Linguine with Red Clam Sauce. They also have bleu cheese stuffed olives in their martinis.

Cheesecake Factory
- a national chain, a plethora of choices from pizza to small bites to salads, and of course cheesecake. I had an awesome white pizza with spinach. My favorite Cheesecake Factory is the one at the top of the building overlooking Union Square in San Francisco-you can sit outside. A dining experience, for sure.

Del Frisco's- an amazing experience--fine dining steak house. I ordered sesame seed encrusted tuna steak with a wasabi cream.

McCormack & Schmick's- they specialize in seafood; the Crab Bisque was pretty darn good. So was their mimosa made with freshly-squeezed oj.

A foray into my sustenance last weekend:

Caesar salad at Del Frisco's
(started eating before I remembered to take a picture)


Tuna Steak with Wasabi Cream at Del Frsico's
(ah-mazing)



James' Bone-in Ribeye, Creamed Corn and Sauteed Spinach
(I don't remember how many ounces that thing is...a lot)

Potatoes Au Gratin and Napa Cellars Wine at Del Frisco's
(may not look that appetizing, but believe me, it was good)

Bloody Mary and Mimosa at McCormack & Schmick's
(they weren't both mine, promise)

Mixed Greens with Candied Walnuts and Feta at McCormack & Schmick's

The fam at The Palm

Needless to say, I'm now on a diet. But it was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment