Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brunch at Fat Hen

Last weekend I made a day-trip to Charleston to see some of my best friends, Austin & Collin, and their brand new baby, Martha Bennett.  Bennett is adorable, and slept most of my visit, (she's only 3 weeks old).

It was a beautiful day, so we ventured out to grab some brunch at Fat Hen, the sister restaurant to Wild Olive, which I reviewed here a few months ago.


Fat Hen is located on Johns Island, and the atmosphere is comfortable and the servers warm and helpful.  We sat on the back porch to catch the cool fall breeze-- Miss Bennett snoozed the whole time.

Austin and Collin indulged in a Sunday morning Bloody Mary, (served in a mason jar and rimmed with Old Bay), and I stuck with water. 


We were all pretty ravenous, so we started with soup; Austin and I had the French Onion and Collin had the Soup du Jour, Tomato Basil with Creme Fraiche.  Both were delicious!




And there ends the pictures...I totally forgot to snap any of the main course, sorry!  I ordered the Fat Hen Burrito--which was huge and delicious.  Austin had the Fried Egg Sandwich, and I believe Collin had the Duck & Apple Sausage Gratin--it was sooo rich, but yummy!

Some other menu items that I might have tried in addition to my burrito and soup, (if I weren't actively trying to not be the largest pregnant woman of all time): Bacon Cheese Grits, Blue Cheese Bacon Cole Slaw, and the Creme Brulee French Toast--next time!

All in all, a wonderful brunch with wonderful company--love Charleston!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment