Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The September Issue...(in October)

via here


I saw The September Issue at The Nickelodeon Wednesday evening; it was a packed house.* If you have even the slightest interest in fashion, I highly recommend this film. The relationship between Anna Wintour, the Editor-in-Chief of Vogue, whom this documentary is mostly about, and her Creative Director, Grace Coddington, is entertaining to watch. And at times difficult to watch.

I couldn't help but keep thinking that it was similar to the relationship that Rachel Zoe and Taylor Jacobson have...or me and my boss for that matter. (Not because my boss is bitchy, because she is not, but because she and I have very different opinions at times and very different ways of dealing with things, but somehow we balance eachother and it works). This movie highlights the not-so-pretty but very real inner workings of a great team.

In other news, I am so excited about the weather change in Columbia--it is finally cooler and I have to admit that I love the dreary days. Overcast and cool makes me yearn for a fire in the fireplace and dogs to cuddle with on the sofa. It also makes for a much more enjoyable run when it's below 70 degrees outside.

Here's what I'm excited about this weekend:

Going to pick out pumpkins with my 2-year old nephew at the Trenholm Road United Methodist Church pumpkin patch. We did this last year as well, but Ben was just starting to walk and was a little unsteady...he fell and hit his head on a pumpkin...here's to hoping that I'm not such an irresponsible aunt this year.


Haven't been to this event in years, but I am so excited for it tomorrow! 11AM-7PM.
Click here for more details.



Dinner at the brand-new restaurant Granville's on Devine Street in Columbia Saturday night, and catching up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Here's what The Columbia Foodie had to say about this new small bites spot...My review to come in the next blog.



On Sunday I hope to go the Columbia Museum of Art with the hubs to see Cleve Gray




and Ansel Adams exhibits. images via here


And then, school work completed by a fire with dogs at my feet...sounds like an amazing fall weekend in Columbia.

*Unfortunately, The September Issue is no longer playing at The Nick, but put it in your Netflix queue.







No comments:

Post a Comment