Monday, October 5, 2009

new brunch spot in Columbia...not where you think

So, yes: Ruby Tuesday's now has Sunday brunch, and it's really good. I usually try to frequent local spots and not chains, but my parents have an unfettered affection for the RT and love the bartenders there who know them and have their drinks waiting when they walk in....far be it for me, a poor social worker to turn down a free meal, so I accompany my parents pretty often for a mid-week dinner at the bar.

On one of my most recent visits there, we were given coupons for BOGO Sunday brunch, which just started the end of August. We resisted for a bit, but finally gave it a try and it was well worth it!



Any meal ordered from the Brunch menu includes 4 "courses": freshly made, warm biscuits (all you can eat...they are awesome), a yogurt/fruit/granola parfait (equally yummy), then your main course, and warm cookies to end. Way too much food for one person to eat, so then you have a late afternoon leftover lunch for later :).

I ordered the Avocado and Bacon Quesadilla, which also includes scrambled eggs and cheese, served with a side of sour cream and salsa. My hubs ordered the Eggs Benedict Trio, which includes one each mini steak, chicken, and crab cake Benedicts. We both enjoyed our main dishes, but my favorite part is the biscuits and yogurt parfait. (Of course, I got mine with no fruit b/c I do not like fruit in weird forms*).






And the Mimosa's made from Mumm champagne aren't bad either!


No comments:

Post a Comment