Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Randomness

Hope everyone had a great weekend--my Saturday started off with Disney on Ice with my nephew and sister, (never underestimate the fun of dancing in your seat to Disney tunes at 11 am with a 2 1/2 year old), then moved on to a Croquet-themed birthday party, (mint juleps, dahling), then on to the last half of the South Carolina baseball game, (which we won!), and ended with another birthday party at Carolina Ale House/Kelly's. It was a long day, but really fun.

I had my final weigh-in and team challenge last night for the Biggest Loser-- I have lost a total of 24.2 lbs and 24 inches! For the team challenge we had to run a 2-mile loop, the last 1/2 mile of which is a pretty steep hill...I finished 7th out of the entire group with a time of 17:55. I am thrilled with the outcome of the 12-week challenge, and hoping I can continue on my healthy path.

image via here

Remember when I posted that I wanted to see the movie Fish Tank? Well, it's here--it's playing at The Nickelodeon April 19th- April 22nd. I will be attending tomorrow night's 8 pm showing; I'll let you know how it is.

image via here

Tonight, after my 2nd-to-last class of the semester, I will be attending a private "soft-opening" party at Pearlz Oyster Bar--the newest restaurant in the Vista. Not sure when they are opening to the public, but I'll find out tonight and share the info. Click here to see their menu.

image via here

And, also this week I have Book Club on Wednesday night and then Thursday night is EdVenture's 8th Annual Girls Night Out fashion show. Proceeds will benefit the EdVenture Children's Museum, and in addition to the fashion show, there will be margaritas by Cantina 76, hors d'ouevres from Mr. Friendly's, Solstice, and Cellar on Greene and sweets from Cupcake, as well as goodie bags for all guests! Tickets are $35 in advance or $45 at the door. I will be in attendance with my sister and mom--should be a fun evening. Click here to purchase tickets.

What else is on the docket for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment