Friday, March 12, 2010

Go Do Stuff

The older I get, the more difficult I find it to sit still and just "be." At times when I seem restless and unable to sit still, my husband says to me, simply: "Stop doin' stuff, babe." It's pretty cute, and usually is exactly what I need to hear in those moments of frantic fussing about, not really getting anything done...

Anyway--today's post is meant to send just the opposite message--go do stuff, my dears!

Impending spring and the excitement of a big St. Pat's celebration in Columbia have me really excited for the weekend!

Here is a quick list of fun things to do around Columbia:
*USC baseball hosts 3 games against Brown, Friday at 7 pm, Saturday at 4 pm, and Sunday at 1:30 pm.

*Of course, St. Patrick's Festival in 5 Pts. Click here to see my previous post all about that!

*Gervais & Vine has live jazz on Saturday night, no cover--and they always have amazing tapas and wine.

image via here

*The Nickelodeon is showing Out in the Silence one screening only--tomorrow, March 13th at 7pm. Screening will be held in the lobby of the Fox Theater - 1607 Main Street. See the trailer:



*All shoes at Revente are 20% off through Sunday.

*All-Local Farmer's Market, 8-12 Saturday, with some new vendors, including Ryan's Veg House featuring Hydroponic Butter Crunch...um, sounds amazing?! Breakfast by Rosso.

*Free show by SoftSpot at The Whig on Sunday night--plus they have $2 burgers (and veggie burgers).

What are your plans?? This weekend, I'm doin' stuff, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment