Friday, November 18, 2011

Thursday's Thinking of Food (on a Friday)

So, as promised, here is a quick photo re-cap of the oh-so-amazing Harvest Dinner that we enjoyed at City Roots last week:
 Pre-Gaming:
Shaking up an American Harvest Pineapple Basil (or sage--can't remember!) cocktail
American Harvest Organic Spirits

Dinner:
pretty fall tablescape by The Southern Greenie
dinner was in the City Roots greenhouse instead of the field due to cold & rain
me & the hubs
the delicious salad that I blogged about here; my husband's new "favorite salad"
local beef carpaccio with City Roots micro greens by Chef Ryan Whitaker of @116 Espresso & Wine Bar
Butterscotch Oatmeal cookie from Pink Magnolia- I am totally a simple-dessert-kinda-girl, and this was perfect

There was also a wonderful fish dish, created by Chef Steven Blitch of Tombo Grille, (which I sadly have no pictures of), but was awesome.  It was an awesome night-wonderful local food, great wines, we made some new friends, and we will be back. 

Random food news for the day: did you see that Congress protected pizza as a vegetable in school lunch?!  If this pisses you off as much as it does me, please take a moment to let your Congressmen and women  know.


And, finally, Jones and I will be at the Food Truck Rodeo at City Roots this evening--will you?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment