Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Squash and Beer

After reading my October Real Simple magazine last weekend, I decided to try a recipe.  If you know me, you know that I love to cook, but I'm not very good at it...so, when I saw that this recipe essentially has only 3 ingredients, I knew I could do it: Parmesan- Roasted Acorn Squash.

image via here

Last night I was eating some leftover squash and added some of my homemade bleu cheese dressing and some pine nuts, and it was practically a meal. Yum!

It also paired nicely with a Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale.  And a fire in the chiminea.

image via here

Fun family plans this weekend--an engagement party for my sweet brother-in-law Drew and his fiance, Kaley tonight, then birthday party at my in-laws house tomorrow night, and a baby shower for a dear friend on Sunday afternoon!

What are you up to this fine fall weekend?
XO, B

No comments:

Post a Comment