Friday, November 5, 2010

Thirsty Fellow & Reasons to Be Pretty

I finally got to the (relatively) new pizza and beer joint, Thirsty Fellow, a couple weeks ago.  It's located near the Colonial Center, and the atmosphere is pretty chill.  Lots of books lining the walls, pretty dark, and really big!



My friend and I ordered a large pretzel for appetizer--it was just what one would expect and want from a big pretzel; a bit of crunch on the outside, but doughy and warm on the inside, served with that fake cheesey sauce that I love with a pretzel!


For my meal I ordered a pizza with olives and red onions.  The crust was relatively thin--definitely not too thick, sort of a thinner Labrasca's-type crust.  I enjoyed it both that evening, and the next day cold for my lunch--(which is always the true test for me--I often enjoy pizza better cold than hot).


My friend had a loaded hotdog and a side salad.  She is a hotdog connoisseur, and said it was quite tasty.  Click here for more of their menu.  (They also have a Brunch menu).

So there you have it--Thirsty Fellow was a winner in my book.  And everything is really affordable.

Last night I went to Saluda's for dinner with my husband, mother-in-law and aunt.  The food was amazing!  I haven't been there in quite sometime; it is pretty fine dining after all, and that doesn't often fit into our budget.  But if you need an amazing place to take a date and you're trying to make a good impression, I highly recommend it.  (Sorry no pictures; left the camera at home).

image via here
image via here

After an early dinner, we headed to Trustus Theatre to see Reasons to Be Pretty.  The show runs through next weekend, and it has gotten a good review in The Free Times- read it here.  We all really enjoyed it--go support local theater.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, chilly weekend!  I am so excited to finally wear winter clothes and have fires in the fireplace; we had our first of the season this week and it was divine.

XO,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment