Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I heart Fall...and Pupcakes!





Happy first day of Fall!

Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. Though we don't get as spectacular a leaf-color-change in SC as we did when I lived in Lexington, Virginia, SC still gets a little nip in the air, and the sun that coats the landscape is a little more sepia-toned.

My favorite month of the year comes in Fall--November. I love November because of Thanksgiving, the proximity to Christmas, the chill in the air, being able to finally wear gorgeous scarves like this one, and also admittedly because of that damned movie Sweet November with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron...not exactly Oscar-worthy, but it touched me nonetheless. And, lest I forget to mention, my wedding anniversary is in November-- November 22nd will be Year 1!
On this beautiful first day of Fall, I had the pleasure of visiting Pupcakes on Devine Street in Columbia.





If you have a dog, know someone who does, or just like dogs, you should visit Pupcakes Pet Boutique. They are currently located at 2732 Devine Street, but will be opening a new location at 625 Harden Street this Thursday, September 24th!

I ventured into the store for the first time recently and purchased a dog bowl that I had seen advertised on their Facebook page--it is called a "Brake-fast Bowl" and the intent is to slow down your lightning-speed eater. My dog, Abby, used to inhale her food--literally--she didn't even chew the pellets, just swallowed, and I just felt like that couldn't be good for her.

But now, since the introduction of the "Brake-fast Bowl," she actually lies down to eat her food because it takes her a good 3 minutes to get every pellet. Such an improvement!

Abby eating lying down

Plus, it's a great conversation piece because it is so funny looking.

In addition to having great gifts and treats for dogs or dog-lovers, Pupcakes has a very friendly and helpful staff, including 2 precious dogs named Blue and Prada. The human staff, Marie Lipton and Amanda Hamilton, are true dog lovers, as well as humanitarians--Pupcakes recently signed on to be a Platinum Level Sponsor of the inaugural "Race for the Place" 5K to benefit St. Lawrence Place, (the non-profit where I work), to take place on February 6, 2010.

I highly recommend stopping by one of their locations soon to treat your dog to something special! Say hi to Prada and Blue for me!








Blue and Prada of Pupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment