Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bene's and Bloodys at Liberty


A great friend from out of town stayed with my husband and me after the Carolina game last night, and after a USC win we decided to continue celebrating today by brunching at Liberty in the Vista.

"Bene's and Bloodys?," he asked us as I threw my hair back in the proverbial Sunday-no-shower-ponytail. It took us a minute to figure out what a Bene was, (Eggs Benedict), but Bloodys, I knew...

Liberty has amazing Bloody Mary's--they use Zing Zang mix, which is the best I have ever tasted, they rim the glass in Old Bay, and garnish with a lime, lemon, celery stalk, 2 large green olives, and the coup de gras, a boiled shrimp. (I did choose to get mine sans shrimp though, as I don't particularly like shrimp, especially not in the morning).


The Liberty brunch menu is diverse and includes classics like French Toast, pancakes, and assorted omelets, as well as an amazing Breakfast Burrito, which is what I ordered. They also start you out with a basket of piping-hot mini-blueberry muffins, probably my husband's favorite part of the meal.

The boys both had Classic Eggs Benedict, which they enjoyed. My Breakfast Burrito was huge, and very tasty. Top the great food and drinks off with an amazing Fall breeze enjoyed on the back porch, and it was a blissful Sunday brunch. And you'll never have an easier time parking in the Vista than on a Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment