1. This modern, unique, and eco-friendly belt made from recycled fire hose has already made its way from KD's Treehouse under my tree this year. Jones will be getting the purple; they also have them in red, green, & blue. The manufacturer, Gallo en Fuego, donates a portion of the proceeds from sales to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation!
2. A membership to EdVenture Children's Museum is like a present for kids and parents. There is always something new to see, and it is incredibly refreshing to take your toddler to a place where they are actually expected to run around, make noise, and touch everything! (The picture is of Jones playing in the ship at EdVenture a year or so ago).
3. How about this amazing handmade corduroy vest from Owlette. I mean, this vest is over-the-top adorable, right? She makes them in a variety of sizes.
5. I am obsessed with Charley Harper, and the Columbia Museum of Art Museum Shop indulges me at every turn. This colorful puzzle-of-art would be an awesome one to Mod Podge and frame for a child's bedroom after it's completed, (if one were so craftily-inclined).
6. And a puzzle-of-art to beat all others, check out this handcrafted wooden dinosaur puzzle! This thing is large and beautiful and perfect for a toddler or young child, (or child-at-heart-husband). There are multiple dinos to choose from, and they're available locally at Nest, the new maker's market inside the Marriott downtown, selling only SC-made goods. Handcrafted in the Midlands by Chris Salmon of Knifefish.
In addition to a few of these items, Jones will also be receiving a gift certificate to Columbia Children's Theatre. He loves a performance, and I am all about giving experiences instead of things when possible!
Shop local, shop handmade!