Clockwise, from the top:
1. I don't know about the men in your life, but my hubs likes to cook, and that is something I can always get behind. So, how about encourage his kitchenry with a gift from The Crescent Olive? The traditional balsamic vinegar is delicious. I ate some just the other night with my pizza. Weird, I know, but it's the perfect thing to dip the crusts in!
2. This is by far one of the cheapest, yet one of the best-received and well-loved gifts I have ever given my husband. Seriously, it's cool, functional, and under $10. A wall-mounted bottle opener from Mast General Store makes a great stocking stuffer.
3. And here's another less-expensive item upon which any Dad would love to rest his glass--a work of art coaster by Frank Heflin of Columbia, SC. These really cool, unique graffiti art coasters are available at Nest, the newest all-local shop in downtown Columbia. See that "Dad" coaster in the front? It may or may not already be wrapped under my tree...
4. This next gift is an item that can be found locally at Non(e)such, a high-end specialty store on Devine Street. My husband has actually received two of these Barrington wallet/money clip/card holders over the years, as he lost his original one and could not find anything he loved quite as much and had to replace it.
5. OK, so not everyone knows a man (or woman) who wants a tattoo for Christmas, but in case you're in the market, Shavon's Purple Lotus is a great place to go. Her website describes it as "a place you can take your grandmother to get tattooed." The photo above is of the tattoo my husband got with his Christmas tattoo gift certificate last year.
And, if you're in the market for something pretty cutting-edge and up-to-the-moment, how about a gift certificate to Bourbon, Columbia's newest (not-quite-open-yet) creole-cajun eatery and bar. Just message them on Facebook, and they'd be happy to sell you a gift certificate for that lucky guy.
Happy shopping; only 8 days left before Christmas! Buy local!