Thursday, August 2, 2012

On the Bedside Table


image via here

Little Bee by Chris Cleave
I am enjoying this one so far.  Took me a minute to get into it, but about halfway in, it's now the first one I pick up when I settle in to read.

image via here
Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne & Lisa Ross
Yes, this one is still in my stack...it has taken me a little longer than usual to get through it, but what I have read is good.  I am seriously still working on purging and simplifying our house and specifically the toys and activities that Jones has to play with.  
I am looking more and more into Montessori-type activities, and finding that many of the "practical living" activities are things he already enjoys the most anyway- like sweeping, pouring his own cup of water, and "threading" items--the boy adores fitting things together!


image via here
Just ordered Blue Nights by Joan Didion from half.com.  After reading The Year of Magical Thinking, I am enamored of Ms. Didion.  

And, after reading this book review by a friend of mine, I am really wanting to read Gone Girl.

What's on your reading list for the rest of this fleeting summer?

4 comments:

  1. I just checked out Gone Girl from the library for a beach trip this weekend...I'll let you know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun at the beach! Let me know what you think--it sounds intriguing!

      Delete
  2. I read Little Bee and it was up and down for me. At first I enjoyed it then it took a turn then another one and it left me feeling......eh.

    ReplyDelete