Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Social Life

Having a toddler who enjoys a strict bedtime of 7 pm and a husband who works odd hours makes it difficult to have a social life outside of having friends over to my house for an occasional drink or hang out.  In the past 2 weeks however, our social activity calendar has been full, not sure why now, but here's what it entails for the rest of the week:
Tonight I am going to see... ahem, Magic Mike, with some girlfriends.  I can assure you, I am definitely not going for the plot development or the characterization.

Tomorrow night the hubs and I are going to see Moonrise Kingdom at The Nick.  Cannot wait for this--I know I've been blogging and tweeting about it for weeks now, but I really am excited.  It has gotten great reviews.

And Saturday night we are going out dinner at @116 Espresso & Wine Bar in West Columbia.  I have blogged about this spot before, and it is still one of my faves in Columbia, but I don't get to go there very often.
Thinking pre-movie nights that we're going to Cantina 76 and Hunter Gatherer, two more local favorites.

What has been on your social calendars lately?  I'm just excited to have one at the moment, and thankful that I have awesome parents and in-laws to babysit :)

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya in the social life. Little ones make it difficult. Will you be heading to the Tasty Tomato Festival?? Fortunately that's kids friends so the whole fan can go. I saw Magic Mike. But just for the plot and character developments. Yeah, like how mean read Playboys for the articles;-). Enjoy the movie(s). One more thing, in love with Cantina 76 BBQ shrimp tacos with feta. NOM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Not sure if we'll make it to the Tomato Festival, thought I know it will be a blast! Magic Mike was less than magic...except the few scenes where Channing Tatum was stripping :) Had an excellent dinner at Conatina 76 last night! My favorite is the chicken chimichanga!

      Delete
  2. Oops that should have said kid-friendly. Damn phone.

    ReplyDelete