Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby

I'm pretty excited for The Great Gatsby movie, due out this Christmas.  From the trailer, it is very obviously directed by Baz Luhrmann--the fast-paced scenes and dialogue, the music and dancing, fireworks, Bollywood-ish feel--much like his adaptations of Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge


I, for one, enjoyed those films and Luhrmann's style. And I adored The Great Gatsby when I first read it in school...mentally putting it on my summer reading list right now.  And the movie is on my Christmas to-see list, for sure.  Will you see it?

Also love the book cover:

image via here


1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I'm in Michigan visiting a dear friend and we just watched the trailer together last night! I can't wait to see it & hope they bring it to the independent theater in Athens. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete