Friday, August 2, 2013

Reaching Goals and Gettin' Things Done

Since having a baby 4 months ago, (whew-time flies; I can't believe she's 4 months old!), I have been slooooowly and steadily working towards getting back into "running shape."  I define running shape as being able to run 2 miles without stopping, and without totally hating the time I spend doing it.

Today I reached that goal.  I had my first enjoyable 2 mile run without stopping to walk; (it was actually 2.3 miles!)  And just in time too, as I run in my first 5K in almost 2 years tomorrow night.  I'll let you know how that goes...my goal is merely to run the entire thing.  No time or pace goals for this girl; I just aim to run the whole way without stopping to walk.

image via here
Tonight James & I are taking the babes to EdVenture Children's Museum to hear Like Totally!, a theatrical, kid-friendly band that I think Jones will really dig.  He is obsessed with music and instruments and playing his guitar and singing these days; it's pretty awesome.

Tomorrow we plan to go to Soda City, the all-local farmer's market on Main Street.  We'll be looking to get a boat load of tomatoes so James can make a huge batch of salsa to can.  This market is so cool and Jones loves it too--I love to grab some Indah coffee as soon as we get there, then sip as we peruse.  Last time we went Jones got a bag of mini-donuts which were delicious.  I also scored some cool records.  Very fun.

Jones at the Soda City market last winter--a little hipster-in-training, right?!

I'm also thinking a dinner on the patio at Il Giorgione might be a good way to celebrate completing the 5K tomorrow night; we'll only have Birdie with us, as Jones is spending the night with his YaYa, so we could actually even have adult conversation!

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment