Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Favorite Baby Gear

I cannot believe that Jones will be 6 weeks old on Wednesday.  The past 6 weeks have flown by and have been filled with amazing highs and unbelievable exhaustion, but mostly a growing respect for mothers everywhere, especially single ones.

Anyway, over these 6 short weeks as a mother, I have already come to love certain baby products and items, and I thought I would share with you my current list of must-haves for a newborn: 

1. Kimono-style onesies.  My favorite onesie BY FAR is a kimono-style.  Not only are these onesies sooo much easier to get on Jones--they snap up the front rather than go over his head--but I also think they are cuter.  I don't know, there's just something kinda stylish about them, don't you think?  And my favorite of the kimono-style that we have is Kate Quinn Organics.  I love the color combinations and the simple prints, and they come in short or long-sleeve!  You can buy them locally at KD's Treehouse, or watch for sales on sites like Zulily.com...I just bought 2 for $9 each!! 


image via here
image via here


2. Aden + Anais swaddler blankets.  These can be found lots of places all of a sudden--Target, Buy Buy Baby, or on-line.  They are very large blankets, perfect for swaddling, and made of muslin, so they are very breathable and soft and perfect for baby.  Not to mention, they come in tons of stylish prints.

image via here

image via here


3. The Woombie.    I read about this item on a blog long before I had Jones and I bought one and let my sister try it out on her new baby, Taylor.  Well, after one night, she was sold.  Taylor slept in the Woombie until he could roll over, and now we're using it with Jones.  The website describes the Woombie: " The Woombie comforts, softly confines arms & gently compresses baby's unique curves to hug baby... preventing Startling issues, face scratching, overheating and also preventing dangerous loose unraveled blankets from covering baby's face."  We love it so far.


image via here


4. My Brest Friend.  Hokey name, essential breast-feeding accoutrement.  Better than the Boppy for newborns because the pillow actually latches around your body and it's adjustable--baby rests on the pillow and mom's hands are free.  Seriously makes breast-feeding a lot easier.
image via here


5. The Oball Rattle by Rhino Toys, Inc.  This item was a gift, and Jones loves it.  Not sure what it is, but it is by far his favorite toy to gaze at while he lies on his playmat.


image via here


6. Serena & Lily sling.  Jones loves sleeping in this thing, and we'll be able to use it for months to come...see the picture below of an older baby in the sling.  I read a study recently that indicated that "worn babies" can learn more from their environment because they are secure in knowing that they are attached to a 
parent and needn't continually look around for a familiar face.  I intend to "wear" Jones as much as possible :)


image via here
So, that's it for now.  I will update this list with more of my baby must-haves as we go along.  What are your favorite baby products?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment